HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Hey, we recently had our condensation tray fill and trip what…

Customer Question
Hey, we recently had our...
Hey, we recently had our condensation tray fill and trip what I believe is a sensor. it seemed that the Control board LED's went out and we lost power to our digital thermostats. We removed the water from the tray but cant get it to boot back up. Any ideas
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/21/2010
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Phil :

Hello, those sensors are cheap relative to a service call... you can try testing it or just replacing it..there is about a 50% chance thats it.

Phil :

to test use a multi meter set on Ohms to get an ohm reading with the sensor submerged.. and then again with it sitting in open air but not dried off yet... if the reading is the same its a bad sensor.

Phil :

Try that and get back to me we can go from there.

Customer:

OK, So the switch seemed to be back. We bypassed it and now the control panel LED stays on (has a faint buzzing sound) but our Mini Zone Panel that runs the thermostats doesnt seem to be getting any power yet ( if we trip the sensor the Mini Zone Panel will lightup )

Phil :

It appears tp be a bad control module, if the unit is under a year old it should be in warrantty,, check that out and get back to me.