HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

carrier 38tkbo300 a coil freezes up checked for leaks

Customer Question
carrier 38tkbo300...
carrier 38tkbo300 a coil freezes up checked for leaks found one at service port on low side added 8 oz of 22 lasted a week worked for 5 days know when i hook gauges up and start unit low side goes to 35 psi after 20 min started to add freon stopped and gauge pegged at 150 on low side after i shut valve and never went back down.

inside temp was 72 degrees when check a coil still freezes up changed furnance filter .

lost i do small 134a system on vending machine
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/21/2010
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
gotoman for ac :

You still have a leak. The pressure should be about 65 to 70 psi on low side. You may also have a restriction. The way you describe if you were adding gas to low side and not watching high side it probably open internal relief valve. Russ

Customer:

ok unit doesn't have a drier either and internal relief valve is that like a txv

gotoman for ac :

The internal relief valve is inside compressor. It opens when pressure is to high. Russ

gotoman for ac :

If you have further questions please get back with me. Russ