HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My GOODMAN model GSC130301A worked oneday, but the next it…

Customer Question
My GOODMAN model GSC130301A worked...
My GOODMAN model GSC130301A worked oneday, but the next it stopped. I changed out the thremostat. When you turn it the thermostat makes a click sound. What do I need to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/20/2010
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
gotoman for ac :

Check the inside unit to see if you have a blown fuse. It will be on fan board. 5 amp auto fuse. Russ

Customer:

Is that the upper door or lower door?

gotoman for ac :

If it is furnace lower door. Air handler upper door. Russ

Customer:

How do I check the fuse.

Customer:

How do i check the fuse?

gotoman for ac :

The fuse just unplugs and is clear plastic. Hold it up and look thru you can see element. If it is bad you will know. Russ

Customer:

Ok that one looks good. It's only a 3amp. does it need to be bigger?

gotoman for ac :

If fuse looks good reinstall. Look for a float switch in the white PVC drain line. Has two wires out of it. It could be tripped. Russ

Customer:

The PVC drain line doesn't have any wires coming out of it. It runs in to a black box. Could that be the problem?

gotoman for ac :

That may be the sump pump. It has a safety switch in it. Tap on top of box and see if it comes on. Russ

Customer:

I tapped on it, it didn't turn on. I lifted it up and lifted the floats and nothing happened. Is water supposed to be in the box?

gotoman for ac :

Yes.Water should be in pump. Does the inside fan run in the on position. Just trying to find out if we have control voltage. Russ

Customer:

No it doesn't

gotoman for ac :

What is model number of unit inside. Need to pull manual. Russ

Customer:

the furnance, it's model number gsc130301a

gotoman for ac :

Thanks. Look on control board where fuse was located and see if you see a light. If you open blower door you will have to push door switch in to see light. Russ

Customer:

I have to push in the button. There is no light on when I push it in

gotoman for ac :

Are you sure the fuse is OK. If light is not own you have no power to unit or dead board. Russ

Customer:

Its a 3amp fuse. Should I put a different one in?

gotoman for ac :

Not a bigger one just change fuse. Russ

Customer:

I put a 5amp in. the light still didn't turn on

gotoman for ac :

Check breaker to unit. If it is Ok You have a bad door switch or bad board. Russ

Customer:

The Breaker is good. How do I check the door switch? Or how do I check the board?

gotoman for ac :

You will need a voltmeter to check the voltage to board and from transformer. Russ