HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a system malfunction, sensor error message. How can…

Customer Question
I have a system malfunction...
I have a system malfunction, sensor error message. How can I fix this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/20/2010
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
gotoman for ac :

Depending on sesor message there is not much the home owner can do but turn power to reset. Other than that you have to call service tech. These systems are not customer friendly. Russ

Customer: This happened 2 years ago. A service tech came out and said that he just sprayed off the outside unit. That the sensor outside was dirty. Would you think that that would help?
gotoman for ac :

The outside sensor controls some of the operation of the unit. Wash off unit and sensor should be located near front panel of unit. Russ