HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Payne furnace wont ignite after being off for a week. I…

Customer Question
My Payne furnace won't ignite...
My Payne furnace won't ignite after being off for a week. I get error 31 on the red blinking light. Any help appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/19/2010
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
gotoman for ac :

Take hoses off of air switches and gently blow in and out see if you here switch click. Check hoses for cracks or stoppage. Air switches are located just above burners with hoses going to them. Russ

Customer :

Russ - thanks for r4sponding.

Customer :

I'm looking at some thin black hoses but I'm afraid to take off the wrong one

Customer :

I could send you a phone pic via text if that would be of help. XXX-XXX-XXXX

gotoman for ac :

Just take off the ones coming from switch. Just follow from switch and where they run together take loose there. Russ

Customer :

I pulled the thin black air hoses off at the "T" and blew gently but didn't hear a click. They seem to be in good shape - the furnace is not very old.

gotoman for ac :

Tap on switches a little and retry furnace. Russ

Customer :

can you describe switches briefly?

Customer :

no change - I get "short - long - short" error code from red light

Customer :

I tapped on the round things the black air hoses went into. Back to error code 31.

gotoman for ac :

This is high pressure switch fault. You need to check drain hoses run into to see if they are plugged. There are several thingfs to check but you will need to have service tech do this with proper instruments . Russ