HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We replace the motor on our Lennox furnace. We thought we…

Customer Question
We replace the motor on...
We replace the motor on our Lennox furnace. We thought we had it working for the heat part of it. But when we wanted to use it with the heat pump, the furnace fan won't kick on, but the heat pump will run, no air coming in the vents. I cleaned the overflow pan(it was full) and still doesn't work. When we changed the motor we had to replace fuses in the furnace breaker box. We also tried to power it down and restart it, still didn't we. Would it be the thermostat?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/18/2010
HVAC Technician: Tom, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, HVAC Technician

Hi, sorry you're having trouble. You need to check the circuit board where the motor leads connect to. There is usually a spade for heat and one for cool. Make sure you have a motor lead on the cool spade. Usually medium or high speed.

Let me know if you don't have your problem resolved yet and I'll try to help. Tom