HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I live in Spain I have had a Vailiant Commercial Floor standing…

Customer Question
I live in Spain I have...
I live in Spain
I have had a Vailiant Commercial Floor standing Boiler for 16 years.
I want to replace it, allthough it is still working very well,but the control unit has stoped and it can not be replaced.
I think the eco TEC VU GB 466 46 KW wall mounting vertical flue is a suitable replacement
Do you agree ?
Or as boliers are now more efficient could I use a 38 kw which is I think the largest wall boiler you manufacture for domestic use.
I will purchase in the UK as the price is a third less than in Spain for the equivilent.
Is there ant prioblem using the eco TEC VU GB 466 in Spain ???
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2010
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
gotoman for ac :

It should retrofit very easily. Just make sure you get evertthing you need wheen you purchase unit. Fitting you can get locally. Russ

Customer: You have only answered a small part of the question.
Customer: What about using the 38 KW combi as boilers are now said to be more efficient ??
Customer: Can I use the same flue ??
Customer: And are boilers made for UK ok to use in Spain
gotoman for ac :

The boilers are much more efficient than what you have already. Exellent boiler. The flue you will have to check size to see if yours will work. If not just an adapter is needed. Because of the amount of boilers used in the UK. They meet very high saftey requirement. Higher than anywhere I know. Boilers made in UK are used all over the world. Yes they are OK to use in Spain. Glad to see someone who ask the right questions. Russ