HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an older unit outdoor unit Bryant 597CN030000 condensor.

Customer Question
I have an older unit...
I have an older unit outdoor unit Bryant 597CNX
030000 condensor. Is there any thing
I can change ( fan unit ) or clean that could make the unit more quiet??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/16/2010
HVAC Technician: Bart Jay, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
Bart Jay
Bart Jay, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Bart Jay :

That should be a failry quite unit. Has anyone ever repalced the fan motor? Can you look at the side of the motor and see the specs? It should be 800 RPM. can you confirm this?

Customer:

Cannot confirm specs at this time. But I do know no one has replaced it. The unit is circa 1994. The fan motor is sealed so no lubrication available. Maybe coils or fan blades need to be cleaned.

Bart Jay :

the coil may be needs to be cleaned but the blade shouldnt. You can hose off the coil. Turn the power off first and just be carful not to bend the fins over. Put the hose right up against the coil and look down . You can see the amount of dirt coming out.

Bart Jay :

Its not a nosie of something vibrating?

Bart Jay :

how is the unit cooling

Customer:

im familar with the cleaning , unit is cooling ok, fan has a rump a rump a rump sound

Bart Jay :

The blade could be out of balance also.

Customer:

how do you balance fan blades

Bart Jay :

Since it is cooling okay i would not think the coil is plugged enough to make noise. If it were that plugged the unit would overheat and shut down

Customer:

how difficult and what price range is a fan motor. can I use the same blade as on original,

Bart Jay :

You really cant balnce them. You can check it . Remove the top put a strait edge againt the top edge of one blade and hold it so it doant move. hold it againt the fan shroud so it dosnt move. Spin the blade slowly. all blades should be at the same hieght. If one is high or low it is out of balnce and should be replaced

Bart Jay :

If you were to repalce the motor i would repalce the balde anyway. you may not be able to get it off also

Bart Jay :

43LA01EB023FAN-PROPELLER1--NWU
44HC29GE209MOTOR-FAN

Bryant part number for the motor HC29GE209

Bart Jay :

Blade is LA01EB023

Bart Jay :

http://www.pexsupply.com/Carrier-HC29GE209-208-230V-Motor-1-15HP-800RPM

Bart Jay :

I just searched and found this you may find others also

Customer:

I quess all we can do from here thanks for your help

Bart Jay :

Please click accpet if I've helped

Bart Jay :

Thanks