HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I had an a/c problem, the tech came out and found a burned…

Customer Question
I had an a/c problem...
I had an a/c problem, the tech came out and found a burned through contact. He also checked the r22 levels....the levels were +100 on the high pressure side. Also high on the low pressure side, but I did not get a number. He believed that a tech had mistakenly added 410a into the system and pushed the pressures up to be at the correct level for that refrigerant. Question 1...does adding 410a to a system made for R22 and with R22 in it hurt the system. Question 2....does having the higher pressure in the system have the potential of damaging it.

The tech removed the refrigerant, vacuumed the system and then added R22 to 75 psi.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/15/2010
HVAC Technician: Bart Jay, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
Bart Jay
Bart Jay, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Bart Jay :

It would have been worse if it was the other way around. If he evaucted the sytem good and repalce the filter drier you should be okay. There should be no serious problem because of it.

Bart Jay :

Is the unit running and cooling the house?

Customer:

He did not replace any filter...where would that be?

Customer:

It has been running for about 2.5 hours and the temperature has come down 1 degree (83 to 82)

Bart Jay :

That is in the smaller copper line looks like a shell about 3" round

Bart Jay :

how are we doing with this