HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 4 zone honeywll control unit and Im only using 2…

Customer Question
I have a 3 zone honeywll...
I have a 3 zone honeywll control unit and I'm only using 2 zones with a damper on my upstairs unit and it appears to only work at night time.I dont understand it's been working fine until the summer.The upstairs unit have been a problem since i move in this house. Unit is only 2 years old.The damper is wire in a closed positon on the panel. White and green wires should be connected to what wires on the damper.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 day by:
6/15/2010
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Dampers are rated spring open power closed or spromg closed power open. Kill power to damper and see what it does. It may just be we have to switch wires. Give me terminals on board damper wires are hooked to. Russ
The dampers are wire to close,about a year ago I change the damper upstairs to open because it was doing the same thing.I change it back to close this morning and it start working.but the unit wasn,t blowing very hard.
You may have to up fan speed to compensate for that zone. You might check your bypass damper and see if it is closing. With all zones open it should be closed. Russ
How do you up the fan speed, I check the bypass already,it is located over the unit, right.
Yes it has a weighted arm. It should be closed when dampers are open to maintain .1 static pressure. What is model number and Make of your air handler. Russ