HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

the blower fah only operates in low speed and is not blowing…

Customer Question
the blower fah only operates...
the blower fah only operates in low speed and is not blowing enough air
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2010
HVAC Technician: Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician replied 8 years ago
Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Mark Henley :

Hi , is the outdoor unit running ? If so then go to the indoor unit and check the copper pipes, on the larger one with the black insulation see if there is ice built upon it under the insulation, let me know.

Customer:

yes there is this the blower motor in the furnace

Mark Henley :

Hi OK if has ice you will need to let it thaw out, you can speed the process up by shutting the cooling off at the thermostat , switch the system switch to the off position form cooling and then switch mode to the on position, let it run for an hour like that, you can then turn it back on but it will ice up again, the root of the problem is that you need the refrigerant checked its probably low, and make sure that all filters clean or new, that can also cause the problem.

Mark Henley :

That was the fan mode to the on position,

Customer:

the fan the blower fan stay low even in the winter ireplaced the filter.does the freon have something to wit the blower motor

Mark Henley :

Hi, ok if stays on low there is a problem with the blower, and its causing the ice to build up.