HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a boiler that is currently down to not having a make…

Customer Question
I have a boiler that...
I have a boiler that is currently down to not having a make up pump for the water... is there anything that I can do in it's place in order to keep water to my boiler for our sanitation crew to complete their sanitation cleaning this coming Monday.
We can not get another like pump until Wednesday next week.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/13/2010
HVAC Technician: Dave Pitsch, Plumber/Gas replied 8 years ago
Dave Pitsch
Dave Pitsch, Plumber/Gas
make and model would help.
I`m going to be honest, I don't really have that information. It`s fairly large, but I was just curios if there is something to work around the water make up pump.
We just can't get a make up pump in time.
Wished I had more information, I could get more info tomorrow.

Larry Sanders
XXX-XXX-XXXX

I have a Williams & Davis Boiler out of Hutchins (Dallas Co) Texas

Boiler Size 300 Model 777

BTU Input 12600 Motors 480/3/60

Number of tubes 160 Diameter 168 Length 2.5

The boiler will run fine, but our make up pump is what has given out on us. We have one coming in on Wednesday, but it's going to be to late for our cleaning of the deep fryers for Monday.

I was not sure if there is a way that we could get water from the make up tank to the boiler through another route.

Thanks,

Larry

HVAC Technician: Plumbing Professional, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
Plumbing Professional
Plumbing Professional, HVAC Technician
you can try to install a temporary pump in place or try to by pass the system but might be harder and not worth the time and money , you might just want to wait until the new pump comes in.