HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

When the AC is turned on to cool, the outside unit does not…

Customer Question
When the AC is turned...
When the AC is turned on to cool, the outside unit does not come on. It was working yesterday, but decided to stop. The outside unit has been cleaned and the main house breaker has been reset. Don't know what else to do...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2010
HVAC Technician: Jason Hvac, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
Jason  Hvac
Jason Hvac, HVAC Technician
Do you have a volt meter
no
ok open up the outside unit were the high voltage goes in and it will go in to a contactor tell me if its pulled in
is that located on the actual outside unit, or is it separate from the unit just off to the side?
Its located in the outside unit we need to see if the contactor is pulled in
Everything is connected
I need to know if the contactor is pulled in Check the breaker to the outside unit is it tripped