HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Hi there, Ive just noticed that a pipe underneath my Vokera…

Customer Question
Hi there, I've just noticed that...
Hi there,

I've just noticed that a pipe underneath my Vokera Compact 24 MTN boiler (which is stored in a cupboard in my bedroom) seems to be leaking. The looks like some sort of overflow pipe - copper , open at one end, about 75mm - 100mm in diameter and is directly in front of the first big left pipe as you look at the boiler straight on. The radiator in my bedroom also has a little leak on the left hand side at the connection of the pipes from the floor into the radiator itself. Does this make any sense to you. Sorry about my terminology. I know nothing about plumbing!!! Thanks for any advice you can give me!! - Jenny
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/13/2010
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 8 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Chat Conversation Started
Tim H :

The pipe you are referring to is a pipe connected to your temperature pressure valve. These can "leak" (drip every so often) when they are bad and need replacing. If water comes out just for a while and then stops, may mean the boiler is overheating. The other leak you refer to is a piping connection leak. Best bet is to call a professional as he may need to drain system and repair both.