HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I purchased a Honeywell 7day programmable thermostat. It seemed…

Customer Question
I purchased a Honeywell 7day...
I purchased a Honeywell 7day programmable thermostat. It seemed to be a very easy install, the wires were in the correct corresponding places according to the manual and further online instructions. However, the air conditioner failed to come back on. I decided to put the old one back on so I could have air again and now it is not working either. The breaker was switched off before the install, but is it possible that something blew in the process. I was just wanting to see if there was a diy solution before calling a HVAC pro to take a look.
Thanks
Kevin
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2010
HVAC Technician: TimVZ26, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
TimVZ26
TimVZ26, HVAC Technician
Chat Conversation Started
TimVZ26 :

Hi there, does the fan on the furnace come on when you turn on the A/C?

Customer:

No it didn't

TimVZ26 :

ok, I would say that you shorted out the low voltage wires when you changed out the TSTAT, check in the furnace for a shorted fuse...It will be a automotive type fuse