HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My TWE030c14ob is working but the blower little to no air coming…

Customer Question
My TWE030c14ob is working but...
My TWE030c14ob is working but the blower little to no air coming from house vent registers. Any idea how to trouble shoot this
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/11/2010
HVAC Technician: Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician replied 8 years ago
Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Mark Henley :

Hi, you want to go check the pipes going into the unit inside under the black insulation on the larger pipe see if there is any ice forming on it, let me know.

Customer:

actually, there is a little water dripping from that pipe, I will go look under the black foam now

Mark Henley :

Ok if no ice then its a problem with the blower you will ant to first try replacing the capacitor on it.

Customer:

I unwrapped the electrical tape from the lower portion of the large black foam and peeled it back. I found white ice and frost all around where the pipes go into the unit.

Mark Henley :

Hi, ok turn the system switch at the thermostat to the off position and turn the fan switch to the on mode, let it run for about an hour like that , it will thaw the unit out, once done you can restart it but it will eventually freeze up again, the problem is that you need refrigerant added to it. ( this is if after an hour it feels like it is blowing normally, if not then you have a blower problem , but most likely it is the freon.

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Mark Henley :

No problem,