HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

wiring diagram for old rheem air handler

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2010
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 7 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

What is th Model number of air handler and what is the problem with wiring. Rus

I have rheem old heat pump with 4 wire brown blue yellow and purple and old rheem air handler( I think RBHP Series)wher wire colours are brown read purple bk/g bk/w
I mix them som how becouse system just heating on cool and heat mode

Blue does to Reversing valve outside. Red is power Brown is Common Purple and BK/W go together to white from outside and thermostat. green goes to G for fan. Rus

do you have wiring diagram for this air handler??
From this what I remember there is seqencer,spdt relay and heater wrap insaid the blower
Let me find a site that would let you down load wiring diagram. Give me a moment. Rus

ok
All my rheem diagrams are on dealer web sites. They do not grant access to anyone but dealers. Rus
do you know any webside where I can got free access??
If I did you would have them. Most of these Manufacturers guard there web sites for dealers only. If we were allowed to contact customers I could easily email it to you or fax you one. But that is one of our restrictions. Let me opt out and let someone else get you one. They may have one in there archives. Rus
how to wire old rheem (~10 years)heat punp air handler with old rheem heat pump

From thermostat. R Red to Red at air handler and to red outside. C Brown to Brown in air handler to brown outside... Blue or B on thermostat goes to outside blue. G goes to Bk/G on air handler... W on thermosat goes to Blue/White at air handler..Purple on air handler goes to purple outside. Y or yellow on thermostat goes to Yellow outside unit

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
HVAC Technician: Richard, Technical Manager replied 7 years ago
Richard, Technical Manager

Hello

Here is a link to the wire diagram for a BHP, however if your air handler is 10 years old are you sure it's a BHP? Also, it will make a difference on how many elements you have so if this one wont work let me know the complete model.

90-102268-01-03.pdf

Thank you

If I answered your question please click the accept button

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician