HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

my goodman furnace keeps restarting continually while trying

Customer Question
to get up to set...
my goodman furnace keeps restarting continually while trying to get up to set temperature. It runs for a couple of minutes and then restarts again, runs for a couple of minutes and does it again?? I've jumped out the thermostat and it still happens. Do you have any ideas? Thanks Dave
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/27/2010
HVAC Technician: TimVZ26, HVAC Technician replied 7 years ago
TimVZ26
TimVZ26, HVAC Technician

can you see a fault code that is displayed when it trips?

My first guess is that it is tripping on limit switch, or furnace over heating...have you checked your filter lately?

the only light i see stays on and the filter has been changed a month ago

ok, when the furnace resets it should flash a code, it might olny flash it once and then go back to being solid, but there should be a code present.

If it isn't a limit switch the other option might be a pressure switch problem.

If it is a 90% eff. furnace, the drain might be plugged, and this would cause your problem to run for a bit and then trip on pressure switch...drain out slowly...relight and then repeat the process

watch the furnace if you could and try to get the code, that is what we need most

1" pleated filter dirtier than I thought. Ran unit without filter all O.K. Replaced with 2" pleated works fine. Thanks

your welcome

please hit accept so I get paid for my time

TimVZ26
TimVZ26, HVAC Technician
TimVZ26
TimVZ26
TimVZ26, HVAC Technician