How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Paul Your Own Question
Paul, HVAC Technical Trainer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 112
Experience:  15 years experience with all phases of HVAC from OEM design through installation and service.
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Paul is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Resolved Question:

ADMIRAL, 18000 btu, 200 VAC, SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER. MODEL ASA18CR2. It broke and we need to replace the electronic panel. Can't find it anywhere, as apparently this model was only sold in South America.
I have been told I should contact Admiral directly. Could there be an equivalent model here in the US, which electronic panel could be compatible with this model?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Paul replied 7 years ago.
After doing some research, I found out that Admiral products are made by a chinese company called Kelon, who is owned by another company called Hisense...

They do have offices in the USA but only sell window AC units here - so would not likely have any equivalent parts for a split system.

I did find their global AC website at the following link:

It had some product searches and ways to contact them directly.

Sorry that I could not be more help - If you would like me to "opt out" of this question it would reopen it up for our other experts to comment if they can.
Paul and other HVAC Specialists are ready to help you