HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

i have a honeywell R4184D 1027 on a 10 year burner. I want

Customer Question
i have a honeywell R4184D...
i have a honeywell R4184D 1027 on a 10 year burner. I want to replace the control unit, what new model should I use? I put on a universal [i thought] R8184G 4009 and it would not work. what model so I need >>
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/8/2010
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 7 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
I will research and get right back. Rus

Checked Honeywell site. That is direst replacemant for that module . What problem are you having with unit. Rus

I want a back up unit just incase . but when I hooked up the 8184g 4009 the burner would not come on. I replaced the 8184d that was on it and it worked fine ??

are we e-mailing on just answer or by my local e-mail ??

Let me check one more web site. Rus
Cross reference on four web sites. Still comes up with R8184G4009 as replacement. Does it just not try to fire. Called my HVAC parts store same number. You have checked install manual sometimes you need to add jumper, Rus
a Jumper to what / or between what ?
Sometimes on some modules there is jumper for senor if you are not using one. I am looking up your module to check. Rus
Rus , are we done ?? I could not get any results on the last e-mail ..I hit reply and nothing happened ??
No jumpers on that module. Called service rep and he said that is the most used control on the market. You may just have a bad module. Rus

Edited by gotoman for ac on 2/8/2010 at 11:04 PM EST
Sorry about long reply. On phone to service rep about your module. I did not help with your problem. No pay
will a heating supply company like N&S be able to test the unit ??
They should be able to test to see if at least trandformer is working and relays work. Rus
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Ok Thanks.
Good luck Rus
In my last e-mail I was told by Russ that he had not answered my question and I did not have to pay the 15.00.... I thanked him and our conversation ended. It was a very confusing exchange. I had trouble replying and I did not know if my answers were on this site or my personal e-mail page...anyway, Russ confirmed that I had the right part and that it was probably defective .It turned out to be defective, so I have no problem paying the 15.00...It's just trying to let you know all this that is the problem..I will hit the accept button on this page...again thanks.
Thanks Rus
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician