HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Comfortmaker furnace keeps blowing cold air and the light

Customer Question
is flashing 5 times about...
My Comfortmaker furnace keeps blowing cold air and the light is flashing 5 times about a rollout switch what can I do before calling for service cause man it's cold in here!!!!
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/7/2010
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 7 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

around the flame box area you will see these-

there is a tiny reset button in the center. Press the button to see if it clicks.

Warning though...quite often a popped reset is sign of a bad exchanger and should be looked at by a professional

BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
I see a switch like you say but ther is no reset button in the middle, my unit is probably around 15 years old.

Do you have a model number? If it is a "roll out" it will have a button.

If it is a blower or limit switch it will not. The blower or limit will be on the front wall....the rollouts are specifically at the sides or top of the flame area

The model number is; GUI075A012BIN I just took out something that looks like a rollout swithch and cleaned it up a little but that didn't work.

I don't under stand what else you need I clicked on the link and didn't know what I was looking for!

The location of all the rollouts to make sure you located them.

page 21 has the locations of them.

It was the heat exchanger that was cracked!!!

I see heat exchanger crack = tripped rollout.

I wish you luck and hope all goes well.

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech