HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Tempstar furnace smart valve is flashing a code (8 flashes)

Customer Question
that tells me that my...
My Tempstar furnace smart valve is flashing a code (8 flashes) that tells me that my high pressure switch is stuck closed. is there a way to bypass this switch until morning so i can get parts?? or is there something else i should do??
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/29/2010
HVAC Technician: Zev Simfukwe, HVAC Technician (NATE) replied 7 years ago
Zev Simfukwe
Zev Simfukwe, HVAC Technician (NATE)
Are there two pressure switches or just one with four wires or two tubes connected to it?

there is only one hi pressure switch that i see on the drawing

TEMPSTAR

the mod# XXXXX

How many wires or tubes go to the pressure switch?
THERE APPEARS TO BE ONLY TWO WIRES GOING TO SWITCH, I DO NOT SEE ANY TUBES OTHER THAN MAIN GAS LINE COMING IN AND 1 TUBE THAT FEEDS THE BURNER. THIS SWITCH LOOKS LIKE IT IS ON THIS SMART VALVE

Disconnect the tube that goes to the pressure switch. Put your mouth on the tube and suck on it. Do you hear the switch click open and closed?

Zev Simfukwe
Zev Simfukwe
Zev Simfukwe, HVAC Technician (NATE)