HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Carrier heat pump, an American Standard furnace, Honeywell

thermostats and a Heat PumPro...
I have a Carrier heat pump, an American Standard furnace, Honeywell thermostats and a Heat PumPro by ARZEL. The LAT sensor generally reads 87-88 degrees when the heat pump is running. I expect to see between 90-105 degrees at least. Why is it so low? The refrigerant has been checked and everything else that the tech could think of. I feel like something is being overlooked.
1/20/2010
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Depending on outside Once below 38 degrees the effiency drops quickly. You should have between 20 to 30 degree rise across coil. I did startup today with Carrier heat pump. 62 in 90 out. Outside temp.55. Just an example. But it should be a little more split there. Is your out side and inside units matched. Let me have Model of outside and inside and I will let you know.
Outside model 38YDB036310- Inside model no.CNPVP3617ATAABAA
You said American Standard furnacse so you a dual fuel set up. You can have a duct sensor install to bring furnace on when bonnet temp drop below a certain temp. But you unit are matched. You might want to drop air speed a little also.
I do have the sensor. The Arzel unit controls all that. The furnace had to come on alot. I thought he heat pump would do more of the heating. To drop the air speed is that done on the furnace or the heat pump? Thank you for you help.
The air speed is dropped on the furnace. Just take it down a 100 cfm. Rus
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician