Matthew
Matthew, HVAC Technician
Experience:  14 years experience in the HVAC field of service, installation, Manual J & D calculations
6927568

I have a goodman furnace. fan is blowing. no heat and no sign

I have a goodman furnace. fan is blowing. no heat and no sign of flame. Documents state there is not a pilot light. Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Matthew replied 7 years ago.

If you reset the power to the furnace and only the fan comes on and it does not try to go through it's ignition sequence.

Inducer

pressure switch

igniter

burners

blower

Then you have a limit tripped. There should be a blinking LED on your furnace control board giving you a failure diagnostic blink code.

There should be a few limits that look like this that you can reset by pressing in this small reset button.

If those do not reset the furnace then the main limit is tripped. This limit should reset once power is reset so if it isn't it is stuck. You can jump across these two wires to test and see if this is the limit that is tripped.