HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat keeps shutting off. The Aux light will come on,

Customer Question
then it will shut off...
My thermostat keeps shutting off. The Aux light will come on, then it will shut off completely (no display), & come back on in 10 -15 minutes set on hold at 64 degrees (heat).

Please help!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2010
HVAC Technician: Kenton Guidry, HVAC Technician replied 8 years ago
Kenton Guidry
Kenton Guidry, HVAC Technician
This may seem unrelated but can you tell me the condition of your air filter?
I just replaced it last week, thinking that it was working too hard to get the air through. Something I forgot to mentiion before - when it shuts down, it loses the time as well.
This sounds as if for some reason your thermostat is losing power.

Can you tell me if this thermostat requires a battery to run?
I just took the cover off & don't see one. Can you tell me where to look? Would it be behind the circuit board?
I can try looking up your thermostat. Can you tell me the model number and brand?
The brand is white-rodgers. I don't know about the model #. It has 594063G stamped on the circuit board, and 9913K E1 behind the button plate. I bought the house new in 1998, if the time frame helps.
I am unable to find it. I will opt out so that another expert can better assist you.
Sorry, didn't look inside the cover (I did a model search at White Rodgers web site). the Type No. is 1F82-51.