HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

NEED WIRING DIAGRAM OF A GOODMAN FURNACE , model # ARUF-364216AA

NEED WIRING DIAGRAM OF A...
NEED WIRING DIAGRAM OF A GOODMAN FURNACE , model # XXXXX
" WILL NOT KICK OFF " have changed the (thermostat board with 3 amp fuse),24 volt drop down transformer, wall thermmostat, think i have a wire crossed !
11/7/2009
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
trouble started when elements would kick off but fan would stay on running slow , can not find the cause !

thanks for the diagram ! Danny !

You check sequencer?

is it shown on the diagram i purchased ?

where is it located ? " Sequencer"

Follow the themostat wires on the diagram into the unit terminals W
thank you so much i switched the seqencer to the one beside it and it kicks on and off with the thermosta the way it should now i know what to get THANKS AGAIN !
Good job.....well done

i contact the furnace place where i ordered the unit they mailed me the "sequencer" free of charge did not ask any questions it came today ! i have one question when i took the old sequencer out i did not watch where the purple "small purple" wire came off from

on the bottom of the sequencer it has two bladed male"big purple wire goes to element

dont know if small purle wire plugs on with it or big red wire ?

follow the purple wire back to to where it comes from and tell me what that point is

thermostat board "small purple wire "

big red wire L2 Breaker got them two mixed up !

p.s. how do i leave feedback for you ?

So you are all set now? Or still need the purple wire spot?
need to know for sure where the small purple wire plugs on the sequencer ? dont want to take any chances.

small purple wire goes from the EBTDR (NC ) down to the sequencer not for sure if it plugs on the right side or bottom left with the big purple wire , only two places to plug wires

i show that purple goes to 3 on the terminal board

yes but this diagram will not show a large purple wire from the sequencer to the element, thats whats got me mixed up ! thanks !Cry

you are welcome. I wish you well.
P.S. it sounds like a summer fan that runs all the time even after replaceing the sequencer , i have followed all the wires by the diagram thats in the furnace dont seem to be any wires crossed but there may be ! only when i take the big purple jumper wire from the sequencer with "red dot" on it and a # XXXXX off the element the fan stops, but then furnace starts working kicking on & off with thermostat like it should ! could there be something with that element or wiring ! Danny
If you have a G thermostat wire hooked up, remove it from terminal. Let me know if it stops

Removed "G" AND IT STILL RUNS

The only other possibility if G is removed is the ebtr board relay is stuck. Tap the board and see if it will release but that is the last optin of blower on all the time.

the only way it will stop running is to unplug the small purple wire from EBTR board ,whitch goes down to the sequencer with the white wire from the thermostat

this makes the THIRD new EBTR board that i have purchased for approx. 35.00 each

i can totally unhook all thermostat wires and it keeps running, i can unplug this one heating element and it runs the way it should but i only have three elements then ! it also has 3 speed fan !

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech