Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC
12095340

I have a Columbia Emerald Series Model # EM-110 Boiler that

I have a Columbia Emerald Series Model # XXXXX Boiler that supplies my hot water and circulates through my base board heat registers. It is heating the water just fine but does not circulate through the registers. The Charge Bottle/Diaphram seems to have residual air and the water temp guage/PSI guage reads 0 psi and 180 water temp.
Does the charge bottle push the hot water through the system and if so how do I charge it?
Add water to system so that the pressure is at 12-15 psi and then see if your heat is not better, but you might also have to purge the zones of air
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how do you add water and purge air
Follow the cold water towards the boiler and you should see where it enters the boiler It might have a PRV pressure Reducing Valve which might not be working. Some times they have trip lever on top and can be over riding this way but it mighjt keep feeding water in so be aware that it might have to be changed. Purge setup will be near circulators and have isolation valve and drain valve so you can connect hose and purge air out
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks, i'll check it when i go home.
Ok good luck