BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

how to troubleshoot control board 302075-302 for Carrier heating

how to troubleshoot control board 302075-302 for Carrier heating and cooling furnace, fan do not shots off
<p>Hello, with all thermostat wires off the board, R,G,Y,C,W, and blower running nonstop even with thermostat off it is a stuck relay on the circuit board. And just so you know, that was a common problem with that board. The odds are you have a relay on the board welded shut.</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Billy , did you read my list of remedies and problem with the wire that wrote in
Sorry I am looking at it again. Y will have 2 wires, the yellow from the stat and one that runs outside to the outdoor unit. Then the other wire from th eoutdoor unit goes on C
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
today i installed this board again
with unhooked wires from the thermostat , turn on main breaker, fan starts immediatly for couple seconds and stopped
hooked up wires from the thermostat and yellow tio the Y as you suggested and look like its working and only what is little bit confusing that when i bring temp. down for cooling to start working it get delay for fan to start for about 3-4 minutes , is it correct?
and i also see mosture bild up inside the cooling relay , now i looked and found replacement HH84AA020 and ICM 271 in case if i want to swap which should i get??
On the old board terminals GAS1 and GAS3 jumpered , should i do the same on the new board
thanks
<p>I would get the HH84AA020. Here is a description and install manual - <a href="http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/groups/public/documents/techlit/58d-1si~1.pdf">http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/groups/public/documents/techlit/58d-1si~1.pdf</a></p><p>The gas1 and gas 2 are determined by the furnace schematic. If you need assistance with the schematic just get me the model number of the furnace.</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have to get thr model
is the delay that i mention in a previos reply normal?
and another ?? i have a jumper between GAS1 and GAS3 not 1 and 2
thanks
The delay is normal to let the coil get cold and then the blower kicks on. That gave me some grief in the field when I was installing those. Thought I had a bad board. But that is normal use. And the jumper from Gas1 and Gas 3 are depending on the schematic of your unit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
as i can see model # XXXXX does it make any sence to you
you got a great dog
<p>Ok, the jumper should not be on there from gas1 and gas3. Here is the exact manual for your furnace. The diagram is in this manual for the furnaces up to 155,000. There are 3-4 different pages of diagrams and yours is on the page lited up to 155</p><p> </p><p>That is my dog Sherman. He is by my side as soon as I get home every day. Best friend I ever had.</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Billy, so why its there , and the wire attached to it, should i take it out . You forgot attach the manual.
Dog is the best thing happend to man and they never scream or control you
thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks, Billy
i got a lot of great info from you, you are good
i will leave very positive feedback
in case if i will have any problems in your field, how can i ask for you
Just log in and mention "Billy" in your opening statement and I will get it. I really appreciate your patince through this process. I thank you.