HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

MY RHEEM WATER HEATER HAS NO HOT WATER WHAT CAN BE DONE

Customer Question
?...
MY RHEEM WATER HEATER HAS NO HOT WATER WHAT CAN BE DONE ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/26/2009
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Hi jibs
I need some more info. What type of water heater is it? Is it gas or electric? If it is gas is it a power vented unit or a standard gravity vent?
electric
Brass drain valve
36" High top features a four inch high integral back splash
Baked enamel top is acid and heat resistant
High efficiency screw-in type heating elements
Recessed base and channel in back panel permit water
heater to fit snugly against wall
Cold water inlet, hot water outlet, relief valve and electrical connections
at top of tank for easy access and fast economical installation
Rheemglas® tank lining resists corrosion and prolongs tank life
Direct immersion resistored heating elements are completely immersed
Extra thick fiberglass insulation
Automatic thermostat keeps water at desired temperature

The most likely causes for now hot water are either a tripped circuit breaker, a tripped hi limit (this is usually a red button on the upper thermostat), a bad thermostat or a bad element. You can try to reset the high limit by removing the upper access panel (turn off the power first) and locate the thermostat. The reset button will be just above the dial on the thermostat. If you push it in and it clicks then you have reset the unit. If you push it in and no click then this isn't the problem. When you check for a tripped breaker look for a double breaker (usually 30 amps). You should throw the breaker to off then to on. Often when a breaker trips it doesn't appear to be tripped.
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor