HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Carrier Furnace 58DXA acting just like previously answered question...

Customer Question
Furnace cuts off, has to...
Furnace cuts off, has to be restarted manually, is unreliable. Carrier 58DXA installed January 1992.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/19/2009
HVAC Technician: Ken Anderson III, HVAC Technician replied 9 years ago
Ken Anderson III
Ken Anderson III, HVAC Technician
Can you describe in more detail what happens please?
We have an automatic thermostat on our Carrier furnace whch raises from 60 degrees to 68 degrees in the morning to take the chill off the house. This morning, although the light on the thermostat indicated the furnace was running, the furnace was NOT running. We have to turn the emergency switch off, wait a few minutes, then turn back on to get the furnace to heat again. Sometimes the fan is running, but the furnace is not.
Sounds like you have a fualty temperature sensing limit switch. Its telling the fan to come on to cool the unit becuase its over heating. You should replace it and everything should work just fine then.
Ken Anderson III
Ken Anderson III, HVAC Technician
Ken Anderson III
Ken Anderson III
Ken Anderson III, HVAC Technician