Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC
12095340

My oil furnace will ignite but will not stay lit, has plenty

Customer Question

My oil furnace will ignite but will not stay lit, has plenty of fuel and the fuel is getting to the furnace, blower works when it ignites enough times after pushing reset button
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Mather replied 8 years ago.
Sounds like you primary control is locking out becauseit sees no flame flip thetransformer up and clean the cad cell eye under transformer if its clean already something else is wrong
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When I open the door I can see the flame and it does lite but doesn't stay on where would I find the cad cell eye or transformer in order to clean the eye
The top of burner in the middle thetransformer flips iopen if beckett or carlin and you will see an eye under it make sure power is off high voltage from transformer
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I cleaned the eye and it ran for a couple of minutes and then kicked back out again, any other suggestions
Well ther are so many things to go wrong here make sure furnace iclean flue passages and that there is good draft other wise its time to call the service guy
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have not accepted the answer as all the things that hesuggested did not work and he said it was time to call a serviceguy so that is what I did, so I do not think that you should use my money to pay him and that you should return my good faith deposit, as I thought that iswhat the good faith deposit was all about. Thank you for yourhelp anyway. Sincerely [email protected]
Ok I can agree that you don't need to pay me sorry