HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Ducane E075U3 furnace with 3 blink error

12/16/2008
coolman1973
coolman1973, Hvac tech and Mechanic
Hi, there should be some kind of sticker on that unit somewhere that tells u what that code means.
The furnace is 6 years old. 3 flashes - pressure switch open, should be closed
the pressure switch should be open when the unit is not running, when it calls for heat the inducer should start and close that switch, tap the switch and take the hose off make sure its clear.
I have 12VAC across the switch when it is running. When it is not running I have 12VAC across it. The pressure switch has two hoses on it and I can blow through them. I tapped on the switch while it is running. The furnace is also cycling on and off to keep a constant 65 degrees F and the thermostat is set at 70 degrees F.
2 wires on that switch
What about the two wires on that switch?
i was asking if it was a 2 wire switch. u seem pretty handy , remove the 2 wires from the pressure switch , sorry first shut off the furnace. turn on the furnace after the inducer starts hook those 2 wires together and keep them like that, i hold them together withmy fingers its only low volts but u might want 2 use something else
I've connected the two wires together. Now I get a two flash error - pressure switch closed, should be open. The furnace is idle.
no take the apart put them together after the inducer starts, like 5 seconds after it starts hold them together
Ok, the furnace has started running. The LED is flashing a heart beat but no code. The LED is suppose to be on solid for normal operation according to the manual.
u sure solid doesnt mean power normal operation when its idle, heart beat might mean furnace running in low or high speed. i.s it operating normally
Bright - normal operation "heart beat" - Now the Furnace has quit running, the LED is off and the temperature is still 65 degrees fahrenheit and the thermostat is set at 70 degrees.
no lights on board at all.
The board has no lights. The only light is on the gas solenoid switch.
reset the power try restatring it
I've disconnected the two wires and cycled power. I'm waiting for something to happen.
i mean u had a pressure switch open code originally so jumping that out should take care of that code.
Yes and it did. Now the furnace isn't cycling at all. I've upped the thermostat temperature to 75 degrees. I'm going to now put the wires back on the switch to see if I can get back to the original failure. Maybe the controller card is failing?
did lights come back on
I found an open fuse on the controller board and I replaced it and now the furnace has started running again I reconnected the wires together (bypassing the switch again) to see if the furnace will bring it up to the thermostat setting(from 65 to 70).
ya i was just going to ask that , did u touch the pressure switch wires to the furnace accidently maybe and pop that fuse. but if thats a 2 stage gas vave te second stage solenoid may be shorted. hopefully not
It looks like it is working. Last time the furnace was running it just quit I think maybe that is when the fuse opened up. The wire may have shorted to the furnace, but I wasn't in the utility room when the fuse opened up. Now what do they call this pressure switch I need so I can get a part number and order it? This furnace installation manual doesn't have part numbers. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. I have to go pick up my son so I'll be leaving here at 6:45pm central time.

take the hoses off the inducer but leave them on the pressure switch, blow and suck on the hoses and u should hear something moving around inside the switch, hook it back up and see what happens. usaually there is a reason it fails. make sure theres no moiusture in the switch, remove flue pipe from inducer look inside make sure theres nothing in the blower wheel. also make sure ur flue pipe is clear and ur chimmney, dont leave that jumped out its there for safety reasons. just find a ac/heating suppyhouse in ur area and they should have it or get it. I hope this helped u out and if it did please except my help, thanks

coolman1973
coolman1973, Hvac tech and Mechanic
Thank you for your time. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Respectfully,

Dave
u too
thanks
coolman1973
coolman1973
coolman1973, Hvac tech and Mechanic