Horse Veterinary

Horse veterinary questions? Ask an equine vet.

Ask a Veterinarian,

It a mini asnd she is pregnant and colicing. She is colicing…

Customer Question
It a mini asnd...

It a mini asnd she is pregnant and colicing

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the horse?

She is colicing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Horse Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
1/15/2018
Horse Veterinarian: Jay Bickers, Horse Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Jay Bickers
Jay Bickers, Horse Veterinarian
Hello, my name is***** am an equine veterinarian with over 27 years experience. I have a couple of questions. How pregnant is she? This time year I suspect very. How bad is she colicking?
7 month preg and colic is bad but she is still alive this morning we have been hydrading and pain Ned's
She is 12 year old
If shes very colicky she probably has a displaced or twisted large intestine. You need to call a veterinarian immediately, hopefully one that is capable of doing colic surgery. Unfortunately it maybe to late. If the intestine is twisted the tissue dies rapidly. After you have her taken care of please remember to rate me. 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.
Jay Bickers
Jay Bickers
Jay Bickers, Horse Veterinarian