Horse Veterinary

Horse veterinary questions? Ask an equine vet.

Ask a Veterinarian,

He has an eye issue, I live in a rural town with only 1 lg…

He has an eye...

He has an eye issue, I live in a rural town with only 1 lg animal vet, who I apparently have made mad:(

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the horse?

They say he has an ulcer, but he has been stained twice and nothing shows

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the horse seem to hurt?

We have been treating the ulcer for about 1 month

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Since they added the antifungal , I see an improvement

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the horse eating normally?

But I’m not sure if what I think is improvement really is. I have scoured the web looking for pictures of what a healing ulcer looks like,but not much success

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the horse having trouble peeing or pooing?

Yes eating and drinking fine

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the horse's name?

He has a port in his eye for meds

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the horse?

Colonel He’s IR

11/28/2017
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Horse Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Colonel is being treated for an eye ulcer. It sounds like the recent change in medication is working. Is Colonel showing signs of squinting or excessive tears?

Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Horse Veterinarian
Continue squinting and tears, we are out of banamine now. His eye is open now and the white spot now has blood vessels filling it
Phone call session started