Horse Veterinary

Horse veterinary questions? Ask an equine vet.

Ask a Veterinarian,

I went out to feed this morning he was standing but I could…

Customer Question
I went out to...

I went out to feed this morning he was standing but I could tell he was lying down during the night.....He went into his stall to eat his grain and then would not eat. I gave him hay he would not eat. Then he walked out of his stall and layed down. not breathing hard, not sweating I tried to listen to his stomach but heard nothing. He doesn't seem to be biteing at his stomach either. I looked in his mounth and his tounge and gums are more white and when I press on them no color comes back. I tried to get him up but he wont.....I tried to give him water but wanted nothing to do with it......He is NOT himself at all

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the horse. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the horse?

I did treat him for lymes desease in june but he seemed to come threw that ok. did not have him tested again to see if he still had it or not

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Horse Veterinary
11/27/2017
Horse Veterinarian: Dr Linda, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I am so sorry no one has addressed your concerns, but if you need any help, I will reply as soon as possible. My hope though, is you have already contacted your veterinarian as your horse may be in very serious trouble.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Dr Linda
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Veterinarian