Horse Veterinary

Horse veterinary questions? Ask an equine vet.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My new born horse's hips don't work right. She is hoping…

Customer Question
My new born horse's...

My new born horse's hips don't work right. She is hoping around on 3 legs.... she was normal when first born, but something has happened to affect her leg. The local vet thought infection,

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

And she was given antibiotics but it hasn't seemed to work

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the horse's name and age?

Bree is her name and she's 33 days old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bree?

She was born with everything working and normal, we aren't sure what happened

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Horse Veterinary
The local vet said it could be swimmers leg.....
Answered in 6 days by:
8/10/2017
Horse Veterinarian: Doctor.A, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Doctor.A
Doctor.A, Veterinarian

Hello. I see you asked this question some time ago, and my apologies for not contacting you. Is this still a relevant question for discussion?

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Horse Veterinarian