Dr. B.
Dr. B., Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  Board Certified Equine Surgeon, Lameness and Sports Medicine Specialist DVM, BSc
13958431

My hose just went down when i saddled her. The boarding

Customer Question

my hose just went down when i saddled her. The boarding stable owner did an internet search and came up with the vegas nerve being pinched. do you know anything about this and what I can do about it?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the horse?
Customer: She is fine, moves okay, eating okay, no limping anywhere that I can find. It is just that when I tightened the cinch, she laid down, and did not want to get up again until the saddle was removed. is there anything I can do to stop this.
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the horse. What is the horse's name and age?
Customer: she is an 8 year quarter horse mare
JA: What is the horse's name?
Customer: Tiger's Tango
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the horse?
Customer: nothing I know of. she has the sweetest disposition, is willing in every way except when I tighten the cinch she pulled back, panicking, and then laid down. all the way over on her side. Had to take the saddle off before she would get up again. Then when the stable owner tried to tighten the cinch she acted like she was going to go down again, so he backed off and she was okay.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 9 months ago.

Hello. I am Dr A and would love to help! aare you available to discuss?