Doctor.A
Doctor.A, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am licensed to practice Veterinary Medicine in multiple states, as well as Board Certified In Equine Surgery.
75359699

25 year old mare has been on previcox several years and

Customer Question

25 year old mare has been on previcox several years and doing well. She was forced to stand in gravel barefoot for a trim and bruised her feet. The owner of the boarding ranch gave her Butt. Is it safe to give this drug with Previcox?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the mare's name?
Customer: Marcelina
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Marcelina?
Customer: No. She has been Champion of Champions Mare in the Peruvian Paso breed and is now retired, as I am.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 9 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. A and would love to help. Do you know how much Bute was given?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No.
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 9 months ago.

If you can find out, that would be helpful. If the amount given of bute was appropriate for the size of the horse, and only given one time, then there should be no ill effects from having the bute given on top of the previcoxx.

Expert:  Doctor.A replied 9 months ago.

I hope this was helpful! Feel free to ask me any other question regarding this topic if there are any lingering concerns.

Expert:  Doctor.A replied 9 months ago.

If there isnt anything else i can answer for you, please take a moment to rate my answer so I can help others!