horsemed
horsemed, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  Equine veterinarian with 8 years experience working at referral hospitals throughout the country
75349229

There is a calming agent that a woman was advertising at the

Customer Question

There is a calming agent that a woman was advertising at the Minnesota Horse Fair in
April. I do not remember the name of it, but you can only get it from a vet. It comes in
a box with several packets. You administer it starting 2 day prior to your barrel race or
competition. The cost was about $150 for the box. Can you help me our. I do not know the name of it.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Linda replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I believe you are talking about Dormosedan Gel made by Zoetis.

I hope this is the information you needed. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the agent to calm the horse is not suppose to affect his performance. ie... I am a barrel racer and it not suppose to affect his speed.
Expert:  horsemed replied 1 year ago.

I believe you are talking about Vetoquinol's Zylkene. It comes in packets of powder that look like milk, it's a prescription product, and you feed 1-2 packets a day starting 2 days before the race? I have used it with great success: http://vetoquinol.ca/eng/products/zylkene-equine-supplement-horse-calming. Let me know if this is what you were looking for!

Expert:  horsemed replied 1 year ago.

Hello there, just wanted to check to see if you received my answer? Please let me know if I was able to answer your question. Otherwise, I would be happy to provide you with any further information or discussion!