Horse Veterinary

Horse veterinary questions? Ask an equine vet.

Ask a Veterinarian,

We received 2 rescue mares last night. They are both

Customer Question
We received 2 rescue...

We received 2 rescue mares last night. They are both pregnant. One is a PMU mare, and today we see she has started to bag up on one side. They road about 14 hours straight thru to get to us. We are concerned for her. She's off her feed. But drinking water.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the horse?

Just wondering what you all think. We see movement from the fetus. She is about 6 months along from what they palpated

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Horse Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
2/23/2016
Horse Veterinarian: Dan C., DVM, Horse Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dan C., DVM
Dan C., DVM, Horse Veterinarian

Greetings, and thanks for the question. Apologies for the delay in getting you a response. I just got in and saw your post. I’m sorry to hear about your mare’s condition and your concern.
Do you still need some help?
Dan C., DVM.