Horse Veterinary

Horse veterinary questions? Ask an equine vet.

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have an 18 yr old gelding that is possible colicing. our…

Customer Question
I have an 18 yr...
I have an 18 yr old gelding that is possible colicing. our local vet doesn't see eequine anymore....he has been very lethargic, pawing, pulse 24 temp 100.5 resp 10 we just took him for a ride in the trailer and he did poop however our other horses have gone once in the stall since coming in at 10:00 am. we live in Arizona. we also have walked him around a lot. I gave him 4 grams of bute about 445 mins ago. no food available now to him. observe? or take to equine hospital?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Horse Veterinary
6/21/2015
Horse Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Horse Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Horse Veterinarian
Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. Sorry to hear about Jake. Did his manure in the trailer appear normal? Will he eat a treat or a handful of grass? Do you, or any of your friends have any Banamine? Bute is more for musculoskeletal pain.