horsemed
horsemed, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  Equine veterinarian with 8 years experience working at referral hospitals throughout the country
75349229

What are the recommended vaccines to give to horses ?

Customer Question

What are the recommended vaccines to give to horses for spring? I have been told West Nile, VEE, tetanus, rhino, flu and rabies. Is that info right or should it be something different. I am in the midwest part of the US.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  horsemed replied 2 years ago.
Hello I am an internal medicine specialist and I would be happy to help. The core recommended vaccines are EEE, WEE, tetanus, rabies, and WNV. VEE is not necessary in your part of the country. Flu and rhino are optional and risk-based. If your horse is showing or contacting other horses, they would be recommended. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  horsemed replied 2 years ago.
Hello Customer. I see you viewed my answer and just wanted to check to see if you have any questions? Please click the "accept" button or rate my answer if you found it to be helpful Even though you placed a deposit, experts do not receive credit for their time until the answer is accepted. Otherwise, I would be happy to continue answering any questions you may have!
Expert:  horsemed replied 2 years ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

horsemed