Horse Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified horse veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. M.
Dr. M.
Dr. M., Board Certified Equine Surgeon

More related answers
All horse veterinarians are VERIFIED
This is a 7 year old mare that had one foal 4 years ago... i
Dr Emily Weaver
Dr Emily Weaver, Equine Veterinarian
this is a 7 year old mare that had one foal 4 years ago . . . i just noticed she is lactating and she hasn't been bred . . . there are no stallions around. what can i do for her . . . she seems very s… read more
I am hoping you can give me an idea if this is the best plan
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Large and small animal Veterinarian
Hi - I am hoping you can give me an idea if this is the best plan of action.I have a 6.5 foal who is still nursing on mom. They are turned out on a 3 acre pasture with a large comfortable barn/shed (s… read more
I have a weanling 50/50 clyde Tb and I'm wanting a feed
Dr Emily Weaver
Dr Emily Weaver, Equine Veterinarian
I have a weanling 50/50 clyde Tb and I'm wanting a feed program for him so I know hes getting the right feeds for a normal growth rate. what to feed, how much of each feed and how often a day??? I'm h… read more
We have a 5 month old quarter horse filly who came out of a
Dr. Hinson
Dr. Hinson, Associate Veterinarian
We have a 5 month old quarter horse filly who came out of a 15-3 mare and a 17-1 stud...we have just started weaning her as she was showing signs of growing too fast and developed swelling in her ankl… read more
what is the best feed to start my about to be weaned spotted
Dr Rik Daniels
Dr Rik Daniels, Doctoral Degree
what is the best feed to start my about to be weaned spotted draft filly on? I will be bringing her home in a few weeks.… read more
owner of the mare that has my foal wants to move her into
Dr. M.
Dr. M., Board Certified Equine Surgeon
The owner of the mare that has my foal wants to move her into about 1/2 acre spot with a gelding and mare that they don't know. It's also barbed wire, she is currently at the fairgrounds in a stall an… read more
We bought a horse in August. They claimed there were no studs
Dr. Steve
Dr. Steve, Practicing Veterinarian
We bought a horse in August. They claimed there were no studs at their place. She was obviously not built like an ideal quarter horse, but we didn't care, it was for my 12 year old daughter. She had a… read more
horses: rescue weanling we aquired 3 yrs..fed..doing fine..10 yrs old
Dr. M.
Dr. M., Board Certified Equine Surgeon
A rescue weanling we aquired 3 yrs ago developed contracted tendons even though we tried to watch how much we fed him. He knuckled over on both front ankles when standing & we had the surgery done to … read more
my 6 1/2 month quarter horse filly has swelling in both her
Dr. Loretta
my 6 1/2 month quarter horse filly has swelling in both her back feet below the knee only in the ankle joint. i am new to this whole horse thing so i may not be calling the joint the correct name??? S… read more
horse: 4 month old..very frightened..her teeth and quit eating alfalfa
Dr. M.
Dr. M., Board Certified Equine Surgeon
Hello, I have a 4 month old filly that has been weaned for 1 month, and I brought her to my house a week ago. She is still very frightened, but has bonded quickly with me and the horse next to her. Sh… read more
I just moved my horse 18 days ago from a small 20 horse stable
fionasteel
fionasteel, veterinarian
I just moved my horse 18 days ago from a small 20 horse stable to a large equestrian center with approx. 400 horses. It is within riding distance from her old stable so the environment is similar. She… read more
horse: in that has been largely on a hay and grass diet..grain..coat
Dr. Hinson
Dr. Hinson, Associate Veterinarian
We are brining a horse in that has been largely on a hay and grass diet and we want to begin feeding grain to promote weight gain and healthy coat. What is a recommended feeding regiment and what prod… read more
mare: weaned..I feed them sweet grain and hay in the morning and hay
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, CEO/Owner
I just perchased a Haflinger mare and her filly and they are litterly tearing my loafing shed to pieces. The filly was weaned and now is with the mare. I feed them sweet grain and hay in the morning a… read more
Is Equine Junior a good feed I need to know what is the best
Keith Taraba, DVM
Keith Taraba, DVM, Owner
Is Equine Junior a good feed? I need to know what is the best feed plan for my 19 month old mare. She is a quarter horse. She is not trained for anything yet, but resides on grounds with a stall.… read more
I have a 3 month old Morgan filly that is not eating solid
Dr. Hinson
Dr. Hinson, Associate Veterinarian
I have a 3 month old Morgan filly that is not eating solid food as well as she should be, and displaying significant esophageal belching and/or reflux. I started her on 1/4 tube of Ulcergard for two w… read more
I have a 9 month old filly that has enlarged ankle joints.
Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike, Equine Veterinarian
I have a 9 month old filly that has enlarged ankle joints. She is almost knuckled over on the rear. Tonight she was a little lame… read more
quarter horse: 14 year old..limping, although she walks..her appetite
Donna C Smith
Donna C Smith, freelance writer/book author
We have a 14 year old, large (17 hands), quarter horse mare, who is experiencing swelling in all four ankles. The swelling starts below the knees and continues to the ankle. They are not hot/warm (inf… read more
We got a weanly filly from a breeder for a 4-H project for
Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike, Associate Veterinarian
We got a weanly filly from a breeder for a 4-H project for our grandson and she was in great shape but she is losing conditioning and what is the best type of feed and supplements to feed and how much… read more