Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My alarm keeps going off. No I got the car from offer up and…

Customer Question
My alarm keeps going...

My alarm keeps going off

Mechanic's Assistant: How often does the alarm go off? When did you last replace the battery?

No I got the car from offer up and it came without a remote key. So I locked door Door and now it disabled vehicle a s it won't shutztop

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your Honda?

Q2002 2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Ni No

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello
10/23/2021
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago
Allan

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, Im Allan and will be assisting you today.

You might have to get a new keyfob, Autozone sells them, in order to shut off the alarm systems. If you can get me your year make and model i can get you program info. Otherwise a locksmith could also get you new keyfobs and program them to the car.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2002 Honda Accord
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Storing transmitter codes:

The codes of up to three transmitters can be read into the keyless receiver unit memory. (If a fourth code is stored, the code which was input first will be erased.)

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps.

Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver.

Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver keyless unit behind the glove box.

Within 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.

Within 15 sec., aim the remaining transmitters (up to two additional ones) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons.Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.

Confirm proper operation of the transmitters.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't hAve a remote only a Honda key
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Right. autozone sells new remoted. you will need to get one for the car so we can fix the alarm issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I disabled the alarm but now car won't startKill switch?
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Im guessing you pulled a fuse to turn off the alarm? which was probably the anti theft alarm system fuse, which also reads your key

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Omg how do you know..lol yes the horn switch.. but then I read togo to passenger door and disable alarm and that workedBut now car won't start
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Red light flashing fast on the dash?

Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

LOL mechanic that owns my own repair shop. and been around cars my whole life. and well the crazy things people do.

Did you put the fuse, or relay back in before trying to start the car?

Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Right now with that light flashing the car in convinced you are trying to steal it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I'm not
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

place the key in the driver's side door lock, unlock it, lock it, then unlock it again. Then you can place your key in the ignition and let it run for at least ten minutes.

LOL but the car thinks you are. lol

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Honda made me a regular key will this work
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

key with no chip??? Normally those will only unlock the doors. but you can try it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not like an old key let me see if I can find it
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A transponder key
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok if it is a transponder key it should work if its programmed to the car

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah Honda had me to car there and they said they would have to program it to csrHow much is thatPlease tell me that's included with key purchase
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Did you have the key at the dealership when they made the key?

Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

If the car was there then yes you shoulda paid for it to be cut and programmed to the car. In that case try the above to reset the anti theft system.

But you might have to do that same process each time you remove that fuse, So you really need to get a key fob to go with it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you very much
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Your welcome. try that lock and unlock and let me know if that gets your antitheft turned off

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now these guys have drained my battery and I ha e to buy new onemy key only works for passenger door
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

You should be able to recharge the battery without having to buy a new one.

Autozone charges car batteries for free if you take it in there

And did using the key that way reset the antitheft? If not you may need to take the car back to the dealership that made the key and have them figure out why their key isnt working.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do I reset it once I change battery
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No does the Accord have a KillswitchAll right
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

just the antitheft keeping the car from starting

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It doesn't work for driver door
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Right which is odd. Someone musta replaced the door lock. or the whole door. or something

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my car started fine until alarm was engagedNow won't I have an issue now when I change battery
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

while the battery is out you may get lucky and it reset as well.

There may be a additional problem that without trouble codes from a code scanner reading the car. is causing it to trip the anti theft as well. So it may have to go back to the repair shop if the above doesnt work. try it in the passenger door. Sometimes it will work from that side as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Did you have any luck?

Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Are you still needing assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No luck I did hear fuel pump come on
Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok have you called the dealership back that programmed the key?

Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

I do think this needs towed back to the place that programmed it as it failed after the did the program.

Mechanic for Honda: Allan,
 replied 1 year ago

Thank you for using Just Answer, If you have any additional questions, Please feel free to ask. we are happy to assist. Good luck with your project and have a great day!