acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master tech, , CA smog. ASE L1
8300270

2010 Honda Odyssey touring There is noise when unlocking the

Customer Question

2010 Honda Odyssey touring
There is noise when unlocking the car with remote .. also when journey is finished and I put the car on the park then the same noise is heard
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  acura mstr replied 18 days ago.

"Hi, I'm Steve . Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Sorry you are having this problem, and will post back with your reply momentarily." Is the noise a buzz or grinding noise coming from one of the doors?

You will see an option to receive a phone call prompted by the website, you can agree to or decline. If you do not wish to use the Phone Service, we can continue chatting this way back and forth until you are satisfied with my help. Who Am I speaking with today ?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This is Rehan,
Ithe sound heard when unlock the car by remote is , buzz
Also same buzz is heard when changed to park after the trip

Thanks for the info Rehan. This sounds like a door lock actuator going bad. What happens is the gears inside wear and slip when the motor unlocks the door. You will need to replace the lock actuator in the door that is making the noise. Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks Sir,
What tool do i need for replacing the car actuator?
In 2010 Honda Odyssey touring

You will need a screwdriver and a 10mm socket . The door needs to come apart to do this Here are the instructions. Its a little involved to get them out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxmgiju6pzvo2kr/door%20panel.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfqbcsp0zoh7iqc/latch.pdf?dl=0

If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have ordered this online and will receive next week.. then i'll connect back , plz keep this chat open sir

Just reply back and I will see it.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
yea Sure i'll reply when the parts and tools arrive.
Expert:  acura mstr replied 17 days ago.

ok