Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

2004CRV I changed both of the radiator (daughter bumped into

Customer Question

2004CRV I changed both of the radiator (daughter bumped into a post)and the fans don’t start.. They work if I complete the circuit and I installed a new fan switch.(part TU197
JA: Has the Honda been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: No and I checked them but I could have missed something but again they must work if the fans start when Iconplete the circuit
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its my daughters and yes
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! I ask that you please provide as many details ans possible and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online.
-PHONE CALLS ARE AUTOMATICALLY OFFERED BY THE SITE, I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF ITS NEEDED, THANK YOU.

How and where are you completing the circuit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The connector that locks into the fan switch.(excuse me if I don’t know the correct names)

what are you calling the fan switch? and what are you doing to complete the circuit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let’s stay with tex

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fan switch (TU197VC)it screws into radiator
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
A paper clip

that means your not getting your fan control from ecm, is there a check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No

you might have a bad coolant temp sensor but it should be throwing a code for that, heres the location of the ect sensor, check the wiring, pull the connector check it and the sensor, if they are ok ill send you the tests for that, that what tells the computer to send ground to relay which your doing with the clip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/engwbtowyudilbo/sun2.pdf?dl=0

Thank you again for Choosing Just Answer, I am sorry you were unable to provide me with additional information, but based on the limited information I have on your question page the information I have provided is all I can do that this time.
If you would like to follow up with additional information which would help me formulate a more detailed Answer for you I am more then happy to help further. If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.If you feel this question is close please rate the question using the starts at the top of the screen, 5 stars are appreciated very much, thanks!
Shawn