Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2015 CRV, been reliable. Tonight I had it parked on…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2015 CRV, been reliable. Tonight I had it parked on the street, stared it and drove it 50' to my driveway, turned it off. A few minutes later I tried to start it and all the dashboard lights flashed rhythmically about once a second, the brake pedal won't depress like it normally does, won't start. Seems like it has plenty of juice in the battery. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I haven't checked anything yet,. plus it's pretty late so I have limited resources...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I don;t work on it at all. I've tried the other fob, locked and unlocked it, even rocked the vehicle a few times. Never saw this thing on any car. The fact that the brake pedal won;t de[press seems to be a key factor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its this going to cost me?

I just sent a few second video of what happens when I try and start my 2015 CRV...and the brake pedal does not depress like it is supposed to...it was working fine, then five minutes later, this...
Going to sleep now, I'll see if anyone responded in the morning, otherwise I'll have to tow the vehicle to the dealer.
11/12/2018
Mechanic for Honda: justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Please hang tight while I type my response

It sounds like the battery is very weak. I would first try jump starting the vehicle. Apple the jumper cables. Start the working vehicle and allow the running vehicle to apply some charge to your battery for a few minutes before you attempt starting it. Once that time has passed, with the jumper cables STILL applied attempt to start your engine. This should work. Once you've gotten it started drive it to wherever you get your batteries installed and have them check/replace it. If you have any more questions about this let me know.

Please know that I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer. If you have more questions after rating you can post back to this thread. I will continue to help at no additional charge

justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Good morning, I will try your suggestion in about an hour and will repy. But please note that there seemed to be a lot of power as everything seemed to function: lights, radio, etc. And I had just a few minutes earlier started it with no problem and driven it across the street and up my driveway.
OK, problem solved; a combination of very corroded positive terminal, and needed a tiny jump. Thanks for your help and suggestions...good job
You got it. Glad you figured it out. Have a great week!