Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2015 Honda CRV. Sometimes it won't start. When I…

Customer Question
I have a 2015 Honda...
I have a 2015 Honda CRV. Sometimes it won't start. When I first try all of the lights on the dash are working. If I keep trying to start it they eventually quit working. I had my battery checked and they said it was ok. The other day I was out and had to call
AAA. They jumped it and it took right off. When I tried to start it first thing this morning it started. I went back about an hour later and it wouldn't start. Had to hook it up to the battery charger and it started.
Submitted: 15 days ago.Category: Honda
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
How long does it usually take?
8/5/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 15 days ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

So either your battery is bad or you have a draw on the system, both os these need to be checked, you will need a battery load tester, multi meter and string electrical background to do the draw test

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I've had a local parts place to check the battery and they said it was ok. I don't know a lot about this kind of stuff, so just talk to me like you would talk to a child. I will give you a rating.

If the battery test was correct and your having to jump it off it will need a amp draw test as something is shorted out or staying on in the system causing your battery to die, good thing is when you take it in I will be here for full assistance, before you approve anything let me know what they say and I can usually get the bill down and also ensure the diagnosis is spot on. This way you have your own unbiased mechanic in your corner the whole time.
Also this is not a one and done deal, no worries on time, this question lasts as long as we need to get the situation fixed and could last over a number of days, it doesn’t cost any extra per question or time limit, just the one fee and that’s it.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I thought that was why you joined "Just answer" was to get info. I didn't know you had to pay for joining and then pay again for your answers.

if you have a membership that all you pay for, is that what you have?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I'm not paying another $26,00.
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I joined it yesterday. I'm under the trial now.

if you have the trial there is no extra charges what makes you think your paying another 26 dollars?