Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My car won't start. I have access to light, there's enough…

Customer Question
My car won't start...

My car won't start. I have access to light, there's enough gas in the tank, but when I turn the key, I don't get any sound or response

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Key looks alright. Steering wheel can turn, but has the expected resistance since it's in park

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

97 Honda oddysey.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not sure if it's the starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Haven't tried anything except connecting cables when we thought it was the battery. Earlier it gave me a sluggish response when I tried turning it on, but after a couple seconds it started up.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
6/1/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

What is the battery voltage?

If you turn the key on, at the starter jump across both wires there, will it crank and start?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris