Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I need to disable/disconnect my 2005 crv alarm system

I need to disable/disconnect...

I need to disable/disconnect my 2005 crv alarm system because I am shipping my car oversea's and alarm disconnect is required.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda CR-V. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Nope. That's all. Thanks

I've been waiting over an hour.....my estimated wait time was 8 minutes. What is taking so long?
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech

There is no way to disable the alarm and still be able to start the van. For this reason the best thing for you to do will be to pull the negative battery cable. This will make sure the alarm will not go off, and will restart with out any problems once the battery cable is reconnected to the battery.

How do I remove the factory installed alarm then. Matson, the company shipping my crv from Hawaii to Seattle will not take my car unless the alarm is disengaged and they need to be able to drive the car to load it.
I doubt that Matson will agree to disconnecting and reconnecting my battery, so please tell me how to remove the alarm system.

The alarm for this car is is tied into the immobilizer. If you disconnect the alarm the van will not start. I am sorry but there is nothing that can be done to remove or disable it other then disconnecting the battery.

ok. Thank you.

I am sorry I could not give you a better solution.

kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech